The Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute will be holding its 46th Annual Litigation Seminar this Friday, November 15. The list of topics sounds fantastic:
- It’s Just a Simple Rent Re-Setting in a Ground Lease
- If the Glove Doesn’t Fit . . . Make it Fit (Abuses in the Tax Appeal Process)
- Hot Topics in Eminent Domain
- Planning for and Managing Large Acquisition Projects — Lessons Learned
- Uneconomic Remnants — Are They Always?
- We Just Need Your Property on a Temporary Basis — For the Next 4 Years
- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions (A Review of Recent Major Valuation Cases)
- The Trouble With Ignoring Building Codes
- War Stories from the Estate Litigation Crypt
- Order in the Court! Valuation Issues in the Family Law Court
The event will be chaired by MAI appraiser John Ellis of Integra Realty Resources Los Angeles, and the lineup of speakers is quite impressive. They include, just by way of example, Sydney Hawran, MAI, of Hawran & Malm, Mona Nemat of Brissman & Nemat, Mark La Bonte of Overland, Pacific & Cutler, Michael Yoshiba of Richards, Watson & Gershon, Gary Weisberg of Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart, and Rick Friess of Allen Matkins.
The event is taking place at the DoubleTree Hotel at 120 S. Los Angeles Street, and it is approved for MCLE Credit and CE for appraisers. To find out more information, see the Appraisal Institute’s website.