The Self-Help Counties Coalition’s 2014 Focus on the Future Conference is just around the corner. This year, it is taking place in Santa Clara on November 16-18. I will be presenting on the topic “Precondemnation Planning & Early Acquisition Efforts: Best Practices to Acquire Right of Way Without Blowing Your Project’s Budget” on Tuesday, November 18 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. My panel includes Bijal Patel at Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, Chip Willett at Dokken Engineering, Rob Caringella at Jones, Roach & Caringella, and Joey Mendoza at Overland, Pacific & Cutler.
Other Breakout Session topics include:
- Sustainability – How VTA and LA Metro are Achieving the Triple Bottom Line
- Statewide Rail Modernization, Including High-Speed Rail, Inner City Rail, and Cap and Trade
- CM/GC Industry – Alternative Project Delivery
- Redefining Mobility – Connected/Autonomous Vehicles
- New Communications Strategies in Transportation with Social Media