On March 5, Nossaman’s eminent domain attorneys are hosting a complimentary seminar, “Taking Your Project from Concept Through Construction.” We have some great topics and an exciting group of experts joining us to cover topics such as implementing best practices for design-build projects during right-of-way acquisition, preparing for CEQA challenges at the condemnation stage, acquiring contaminated properties, and addressing business goodwill claims. We will also provide a recap of the most important eminent domain court decisions and legislation from 2014. Attendees will have the chance to participate in Q&A sessions with each panel as well as network with colleagues during an evening cocktail reception.
This complimentary seminar is a must-attend event for public agencies and agency staff, appraisers, and right-of-way consultants. The program is currently being considered for SR/WA credit for right of way consultants, OREA credit for appraisers, and MCLE credit for attorneys. You can find more information about the seminar here, and you can register here. Like last year, the event is being held at the Center Club in Costa Mesa. Below is a list of topics and speakers. We hope to see you there!
11:30 a.m. — Registration & Lunch
12:00 p.m. — Eminent Domain: Another Path to CEQA Challenges?
- Carol Chiodo, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Rob McCann, LSA Associates
- Ben Rubin, Nossaman
- Katrina Diaz, Nossaman
1:00 p.m. — Design-Build Projects and Right of Way Acquisition: Benefits, Challenges and Pitfalls
- Mark Lancaster, Riverside County Transportation Commission
- Joey Mendoza, Overland, Pacific & Cutler
- Artin Shaverdian, Nossaman
- Katherine Contreras, Nossaman
2:30 p.m. — Public Projects and Business Losses: Who Gets What and When?
- Aaron Amster, Desmond, Marcello & Amster
- Dave Girbovan, Girbovan, Inc.
- David Graeler, Nossaman
- Brad Kuhn, Nossaman
3:45 p.m. — Valuation, Cleanup Costs, & Other Scary Things: Acquiring Contaminated Property
- Mohammed Estiri, Eco & Associates, Inc.
- Orell Anderson, Strategic Property Analytics, Inc.
- Rick Rayl, Nossaman
- Michael Thornton, Nossaman
4:45 p.m. — 2014 Eminent Domain Recap: Looking Back to the Future
5:15 p.m. — Reception