As we all get into the holiday spirit, don’t forget to keep your skills and knowledge sharp for what is looking to shape up as a very active 2020 in the projects arena. Join our Nossaman Partners for the following year-end conferences before settling in for your long winter’s nap!
- Brad Kuhn and Bernadette Duran-Brown will be presenting on November 7th at the Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute’s 52nd Annual Litigation Seminar in Cerritos, CA. Brad's panel is entitled "How Does the Availability of Data Affect the Appraiser's Analysis?" and Bernadette will participate in a discussion concerning "Current Topics in the Appraisal of Easements." For additional information on the event, please consult SCCAI’s website at https://www.sccai.org/.
- Later this month, Brad will be joining the Los Angeles Association of Professional Landmen (LAAPL) for a talk on “Recent Updates in Inverse Condemnation Law for the Energy Industry” during the group’s luncheon on November 21st in Long Beach, CA. The discussion will examine potential liability exposure for utilities and other energy providers, as well as recent updates on inverse condemnation law. For more information on the November luncheon, please click here.
- In December, Brad will be rounding out the year with a CLE at the Association of California Water Agencies’ (ACWA) 2019 Legal Briefing & CLE Workshop. On December 3rd, he will participate on a panel covering “Inverse Condemnation: What it Means for Public Water Agencies” ahead of ACWA’s Fall Conference in San Diego. Please consult ACWA’s website for the most current CLE Workshop details and to register.
We hope to see you at one or more of these timely and informative events!
Brad Kuhn, Chair of Nossaman's Eminent Domain & Valuation Group, guides private and public sector clients through the real estate aspects of complex development and infrastructure projects -- particularly with eminent ...
Bernadette Duran-Brown is a real estate litigation attorney primarily focusing on eminent domain, inverse condemnation, regulatory takings and valuation matters. With more than a decade of experience, she has advised numerous ...
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain in California. We cover all aspects of eminent domain in California, including condemnation, inverse condemnation, and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts, and report on all major California eminent domain conferences and seminars.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right of Way
- Right to Take