You know how sometimes you go to one of those educational seminars, and it sounds interesting, but then it turns out that a lot of it doesn't really apply to what you actually do? We hate it when that happens, and so we are constantly trying to find that perfect seminar that covers exactly what we want it to cover.
After months of careful searching, we didn't find what we were seeking, so we came up with a different plan. We're going to host our own seminar and fill it full of exactly what we want to cover.
On March 20, Nossaman will be hosting its first ever Eminent Domain Seminar. It's going to be held at the Center Club in Costa Mesa. Registration will be at 11:30, with lunch starting at noon. The program, we hope, will be a great one. Here's what we know so far:
- Lunch Session: Mediation Tactics, moderated by David Graeler, and featuring retired Judge Victor Person from ADR Services.
- Session 1: Precondemnation Planning Efforts, moderated by Brad Kuhn, and featuring Greg Rodriguez, SANDAG Counsel, Chip Willett from Dokken Engineering, and Rob Caringella, an appraiser with Jones, Roach, & Caringella.
- Session 2: Federal Funding and Right of Way, moderated by Ben Rubin, and featuring Velma Marshall from Los Angeles County MTA, Candy Spitzer, a consultant who works for the FTA on project oversight, and Darryl Root, a funding expert from Overland, Pacific & Cutler.
- Session 3: Eminent Domain 2013 Year in Review, moderated by Bernadette Duran-Brown, and featuring Jenny Meeker, and me, all from Nossaman.
If that isn't enough to grab your attention, we're following it all with a cocktail reception. And the best part? It's all free: lunch; the education sessions; and the cocktail reception. Formal invitations will go out soon, but if you want more information, please feel free to contact Jenni Benson.
Rick Rayl is an experienced litigator on a broad range of complex civil litigation issues. His practice is concentrated primarily on eminent domain, inverse condemnation, and other real-estate-valuation disputes. His public ...
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain in California. We cover all aspects of eminent domain in California, including condemnation, inverse condemnation, and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts, and report on all major California eminent domain conferences and seminars.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right of Way
- Right to Take