On April 21, 2021, I will be participating in the sixth annual International Right of Way Association (IRWA) Chapter 57 and Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute's (SCCAI) Virtual Joint Meeting. I will be a co-presenter discussing "Project Benefits - Do They Ever Apply, and If So, How Are Benefits Supported?" during which we will cover project benefits and their significance in the eminent domain arena. This program will also include:
- The statutory and case law landscape that gives rise to the issue of project benefits, when and how they may apply and methods and techniques used for quantifying benefits;
- The MidCoast light rail project and other public projects that will illustrate a range of potential sources of benefits and how potentially appraisers can measure benefits;
- Tips and tricks and sources of data; and
- Perspectives from both the attorney and the appraiser, including experiences through the lens of both public agencies and property owners.
The event will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT and if you would like further details and registration information, please check out the IRWA Chapter 57 website here. Two hours of AI, BREA, & IRWA CE credit are pending. Hope to see you on Zoom!
Also, stay tuned to the blog for details on our upcoming Water Industry Group webinar in May focusing on sea level rise and expanding upon the discussion from our recent blog post on that topic. I will be speaking on the panel, along with several of my Nossaman colleagues from our Water Law and Environment & Land Use Groups. You will not want to miss it!
Brad Kuhn, Chair of Nossaman's Eminent Domain & Valuation Group, guides property owners, developers, businesses, utilities, and public agencies through complex real estate development and infrastructure projects – ...
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain. We cover all aspects of eminent domain, including condemnation, inverse condemnation and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts and report on all major eminent domain conferences and seminars in the Western United States.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right to Take