Just a reminder about two upcoming events that you may be interested in attending:
- On May 5, IRWA Chapter 57 (Riverside/Inland Empire) will hold its monthly meeting at the Riverside Convention Center. The speaker is Carol Brooks, and her topic is "Conflict Management: How to Stay Cool in the Heat of Conflict." Sounds like an interesting topic for all you right-of-way folks and relocation consultants that regularly deal with property and business owners facing eminent domain and relocation.
- On May 11, IRWA Chapter 67 (Orange County) will hold its annual half-day Spring Seminar focused on the interrelationship between renewable energy, right-of-way acquisitions, and eminent domain. I will be chairing the seminar, and my colleague, Rick Rayl, will be speaking (you can find a more detailed discussion of all the speakers and topics here). While not all of you may deal with renewable energy issues in your day-to-day work, renewable energy is going to be a more important and wide-spread topic in the near future as the federal and state governments continue to place additional restrictions and requirements on our reliance on traditional energy sources. When one of your speaker's presentations is titled "When Grandma's House Gets in the Way of Windmills" (thank you Mr. Rayl), you know you're going to have a fun and interesting seminar.
If you'd like to attend Chapter 57's lunch, you can RSVP to Jan Spindler at the City of Riverside by phone at (951) 826-5498 or by e-mail at IRWA_Chapter57@yahoo.com. If you're interested in attending Chapter 67's Spring Seminar, please feel free to give me a call at (949) 833-7800, or send me an e-mail at email@example.com. Look forward to seeing you at both events.
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain. We cover all aspects of eminent domain, including condemnation, inverse condemnation and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts and report on all major eminent domain conferences and seminars in the Western United States.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right to Take