The parade of lawsuits involved in the redevelopment dissolution process continues to grow. Here are a few quick updates:
- Five San Diego County cities have sued the state over AB 1484. Chula Vista, National City, Oceanside, San Marcos and Vista have joined forces to attack the law.
- In Northern California, El Cerrito has also sued, claiming the "true up" payment it purportedly owes ($1,756,794.67) is unlawful. Read more about the El Cerrito lawsuit in the July 17 El Cerrito Patch article, City Sues State, County Over $1.76 Million "Demand for Payment". Other cities have also reportedly ...
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain in California. We cover all aspects of eminent domain in California, including condemnation, inverse condemnation and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts and report on all major California eminent domain conferences and seminars.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right to Take