On October 5, 2013, Governor Brown signed AB 401 (Daly, D- Anaheim) into law. The new law grants Caltrans, Orange County Transportation Authority, the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority and other regional transportation agencies expanded authority to use design build for project procurement. You can view a summary of the new law here. Highlights include:
- Caltrans is now able to use design-build procurement for 10 projects on the state highway system;
- The Orange County Transportation Authority may now use design-build for improvements on the I-405;
- The Santa Clara ...
Want to know what's going on with some of Southern California's largest infrastructure projects? Here's a quick update.
- I-5 Corridor Improvements: If you live in California, you've almost certainly spent many hours on the 5 freeway. It runs from the US/Mexico border all the way through Oregon and even up into Canada. With Southern California's population growth, Caltrans has invested over $3 billion to improve two areas of the I-5 over the next five years: (i) the segment between the Orange County line and the San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605); and (ii) the segment between the ...
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain in California. We cover all aspects of eminent domain in California, including condemnation, inverse condemnation, and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts, and report on all major California eminent domain conferences and seminars.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right to Take