Want to know what's going on with some of Southern California's largest infrastructure projects? Here's a quick update.
- I-5 Corridor Improvements: If you live in California, you've almost certainly spent many hours on the 5 freeway. It runs from the US/Mexico border all the way through Oregon and even up into Canada. With Southern California's population growth, Caltrans has invested over $3 billion to improve two areas of the I-5 over the next five years: (i) the segment between the Orange County line and the San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605); and (ii) the segment between the Ventura Freeway (SR-134) and the Kern County line. You can review Caltrans' interactive map and see specifically what is going on in cities such as Norwalk, Burbank, Glendale, and San Fernando. Take a look for yourself and learn about projects such as the Carmenita Road Interchange Project, the Imperial Highway Project, the Rosecrans Avenue Project, and many others.
- SR-47/I-110 Improvements: Caltrans in cooperation with the Port of Los Angeles is proposing to widen the southbound State Route 47 to northbound Interstate 110 connector, and improving the northbound I-110 ramps at John S. Gibson Boulevard. The project is currently in the environmental approval process, and if you'd like to learn more, you can attend Caltrans' public hearing on the project.
- LA County Metro Projects: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority has a number of rail and rapid transit projects in the works. You can view all the plans on Metro's project's website. To know just where the projects stand, take a look at Metro's Project Delivery Progression Chart. You can also see the update on the Metro Gold Line Extension on our firm's Infra Insight Blog.
If you're interested in learning more about the future of design-build projects in California, take a look at the obstacles we face going forward.
Brad Kuhn, Chair of Nossaman's Eminent Domain & Valuation Group, guides property owners, developers, businesses, utilities, and public agencies through complex real estate development and infrastructure projects – ...
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain in California. We cover all aspects of eminent domain in California, including condemnation, inverse condemnation, and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts, and report on all major California eminent domain conferences and seminars.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right to Take