If you are an eminent domain attorney, a right-of-way agent, or an appraiser working in Southern California, you will have ample opportunities to expand your horizons (or at least your networking circles) in April. Here's just a sampling of what's coming up locally:
- April 12-13: CLE International is holding its 12th Annual Eminent Domain Conference at the Millennium Biltmore in Los Angeles. If you're looking for two full days of hearing about eminent domain . . . you probably need help. But if you are, this is a great program, with a number of top speakers.
- April 13: IRWA Chapter 67 (Orange County) is holding its monthly lunch meeting. Orange County Assessor Webster J. Guillory will be speaking. As usual, the event will be held at the Holiday Inn, Orange County Airport, 2726 South Grand Avenue, Santa Ana, commencing at noon.
- April 14: IRWA Chapter 57 (Inland Empire) is holding its monthly lunch meeting. James M. (Mike) Hart, a licensed land surveyor, will be providing an overview of the structure of bearings. The meeting will be at the Riverside Convention Center, 3443 Orange Street, Riverside, California.
- April 27: IRWA Chapter 1 is holding its 2010 Valuation Seminar. This all-day event has a wonderful panel. And, for those wondering how things are working in the Los Angeles County Superior Court now that Department 59 has been closed, Commissioner Mitchell is a recent addition to the list of speakers. The seminar is being held at the Quiet Cannon, 901 North Via San Clemente, Montebello.
And, finally, if that isn't all the eminent domain you can handle, IRWA Chapter 67 is holding its 2010 Spring Seminar, Renewable Energy – The Shift of Power on May 11. I will be speaking on some of the unique issues that can arise in eminent domain when renewable energy projects (or potential highest and best uses) come into play. More about that as it gets closer.
Rick Rayl is an experienced litigator on a broad range of complex civil litigation issues. His practice is concentrated primarily on eminent domain, inverse condemnation, and other real-estate-valuation disputes. His public ...
California Eminent Domain Report is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in eminent domain in California. We cover all aspects of eminent domain in California, including condemnation, inverse condemnation, and regulatory takings. We also keep track of current cases, project announcements, budget issues, legislative reform efforts, and report on all major California eminent domain conferences and seminars.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- Court Decisions
- GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Public Agency Law
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Right of Way
- Right to Take